Expectations



Today’s presentation sucks.

No, I’m not happy. Obviously. It could be better. Everyone could do better. Too much I had in mind that none of them comes upon the speech. Disappointed. Much.

The presentation carry marks for our assignments (30%) It is a group work, and everyone speaks the same issue, with the same reference. What differentiate one from another is individual speaking skills.  Not to say much about what we had done, I’m just going to spill here things I didn’t mention in my speech earlier.

Basically, the presentation is all about the 21st century educators which are, of course, us, the presenter. I don’t know but I felt that things weren’t done right. It annoys me how we were giving a speech (counting the text reading in) which is really significant to us, yet, we’re too far to even understand what is in the text. Too far.


This thing bothered me since I am the first to finish my speech. I would say my speech didn’t go well, and so goes to most of my classmates. There may be one or two persons who did well, but still, we’re still having the same typical, classic of thinking styles. We’re still in the box. Long way to go. Long way to go.

Moreover. during yesterday’s lecture, we had learnt on how to think critically by using some techniques and formulas. But then, I felt that whatever people want us to be, wasn’t being shown clearly. People are just saying about critical thinkers, social responsibilities, problem-solvers, high achievers, and so many that they’re expecting from the 21st generation but heyyyyyyyyyy it’s not like a piece of cake to build that ‘so-called-thinkers’. You don’t just say. Show. Prove. Guide.



PROGRESS. YES. PROGRESS.


You don’t just come up with an idea and suddenly wish to see a big change. No. It didn’t work that way. What should be assessed first is the progress. Only then you can see why things work, how it turned to this and not that.

Recently I read a book which the writer stated that the most crucial stage of life for a person is from 0-7 years old.  This simply means that learning and teaching values should start since kids are still kids. Orang Melayu kata melentur buluh biarlah daripada rebungnya. Gituuu. You don’t go to a 20-year-old guy stating that they should be a critical thinker, just in a sudden or a short time of period. It’s not fair to do so.



Skills are to develop. You don’t learn them today and do well tomorrow, but you may be better than a day before. What matters is progress. Don’t just expect, expect and expect. Guide and show. We’re bad not because we weren’t told to be good, but what else can we do when being bad is what you’re showing?

...

But then, how can they show us when they’re unsure by themselves?

...

p/s : Esok ada kuiz tapi masih lepak tulis blog sebab kalau tak tulis baca p lah apa pun otak dok ligat fikir benda lain jugak. Living it my way. Berterabur but I said it finally and yes you may differ and I might change my mind (or maybe developing better thinking skills) 

 Senyum sikit. :)